Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Fries

Pumpkin is a main stay in our pantry. We use it for soups, breads, cake, and muffins. The most recent post at Gluten Free Gobsmacked Kate posted pumpkin fries. Why had I not thought of that?! The very next day I purchased a pumpkin. I made both the savory and sweet fries. Our home smelled so unbelievable while we wanted with bated breath for them to come out of the oven. I did not have any parchment paper so I used extra olive oil for the savory pan and Pam for the sweet. i think if I had used the parchment paper they would have been crispier. They were still totally and completely awesome.
Don't forget to save the seeds for roasting.



Lightly toss with olive oil and seasonings.

Parchment paper lined cookie sheet will make fries crispy. Single layer, giving a toss 1/2 way through cooking.


One a side note: I sprinkled powder sugar on the sweet fries. Ketchup is optional!

No comments: