This past week-end the children and I were camping in the middle of the Cascade Mountains at a wonderful place called Camp Prime Time. Words cannot describe the beauty, the awesome friends we made or the feeling of eating so many toasted marshmallows you felt like one! :0)
This is also true for snackage! The following recipe is so easy, and the sky is the limit for the ingredients. I like to serve this for afternoon snacks and lunch boxes. This year I am going to make this for Joseph's birthday goody bags to be used at school. To me goody bags are a waste of time and $. My kids always could care less about the junk and just ate the candy!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups Koala Crisp cereal or Panda Puffs
- dried fruit (I used blueberries)
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed (Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 of a package of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- In a large ungreased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereal and blueberries. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add honey and cinnamon; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat. Once completely cooled add chocolate chips.