Kids are so funny! Especially when it come to food. Our son can eat ketchup straight from the bottle and one of our daughters thinks it is a food group of its own. Peanut butter is another one of those great foods. Peanut butter on toast, on bagels with apples, peanut butter soup, peanut butter pie to name a few! The possibilities are endless. Booker T. Washington is our family hero. :0)
I was thinking about breakfast this morning. French Toast is requested at least 3 times a week. While making breakfast the youngest daughter said that she would eat peanut butter on anything which got me thinking..... She likes peanut butter sandwiches and peanut butter on her toast.....I wonder. The end result was happy taste buds and tummies. I got a two forks up and a request for breakfast tomorrow. :0)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pam or Earth Balance
- 4 slices bread
- bananas (optional) for topping
- Whisk together milk, eggs, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Spray griddle or frying pan with Pam or heat Earth Balance over medium heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve hot.