Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fruit Pizza

When time is of the essences or I am just being plain lazy, Betty Crocker is my BFF! We love her GF brownie, chocolate chip cookie, and cake mixes. The brownies are awesome! 



Betty has added a sugar cookie mix and a flour mix to her options. I am excited! Before our kids were GFCF they loved the Pampered Chef Fruit Pizza. I loved to make and take it to potlucks and it was one of the most popular Pampered Chef party foods I use to serve when I was a Consultant. But once they could no longer eat it I no  longer made it. 

I just recently discovered a dairy free creme cheese alternative.
Waiting for this to hit our local store.
 

So now with the new Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix I am looking forward to making this yumminess again soon! 
The following recipe is from the Pampered Chef site: 
http://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe_search/recipe.jsp?id=9660

Ingredients:


1  package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie 

dough
1  package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3  cup sugar
4  cups assorted fresh fruits such as sliced strawberries, kiwi, bananas, peaches, blueberries, raspberries or mandarin oranges

Note: I would drizzle chocolate over the top like the picture. Yum


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. For crust, shape cookie dough into a ball. Place dough in center baking dish; flatten slightly with palm of hand and roll out dough to 12-inch circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Bake 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown; cool 10 minutes. Cool completely. For topping, combine cream cheese and sugar mixing well. Spread mixture evenly over top of cookie. Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate. Cut into 16 wedges.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Fat 10 g, Sodium 170 mg, Dietary Fiber less than 1 g
Cook's Tips: Substitute canned sliced peaches, well drained, for fresh peaches and grapes, cut in half, for blueberries, if desired.
Enjoy!

No comments: