Sunday, May 19, 2013

FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Every year when the warm settles in, it never fails that I get the urge to bake. I guess to make up for all the cool times I should have taken advantage of but didn't! Luckily the Pacific Northwest weather wavers back and forth between 50's-60's in the spring. It does not really gets warm until around July 15th but this spring has been different. It is as if Mother Nature has totally lost her mind! We have had the most beautiful spring. Full of warmer than usual sunny days and now summer weather. Later this week it is going to be almost 80 degrees! Unheard of in these parts.

Our 12 year old son Joseph, took a nasty fall off a playground structure the other day resulting in him being stuck in bed for the few week. I have been wanting to try these flourless peanut butter cookies for weeks. So when it was my turn to take a break from sitting with Joseph I headed to the kitchen to decided what was for dinner and snack. So here I am making my kitchen HOT baking cookies! :o)

I learned several things making these cookies:
1. Use a good brand of peanut butter.I used an off brand i picked up at Grocery Outlet. Too oily and not enough peanut butter flavor.

2. Start out small and work your way up. I could not find my Pampered Chef small scoop that i like to use when making cookies. I thought I had the medium scoop but guess what....it was the large! oops These cookies reallllly spread! They actually doubled in size.

3. I rolled the cookies in raw brown sugar... it altered the flavor greatly. Giving the cookies more of a brown sugar flavor. My cookie tasting expert told me that they were ok, but she prefers my stand by peanut butter cookies.

4. Do not add time to the suggested cooking time. I add too minutes because of the size and the cookies got too dark around the edges. I however love extremely crisp cookie edges!

5. adding 1/2 C of Enjoy Life dairy free mini chocolate chips would be yummy!

Enjoy!
~ Blair Lynn


GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Ingredients
  • 1 cup peanut butter ( any kind of nut butter will work)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • pinch of salt or to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat together with a fork the peanut butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and baking soda.
  3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Drop spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
  5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.


No comments: