Sunday, November 6, 2011

Potluck dinners

I do again!
Although it was snowing, the view was still stunning!
The Sunday before Thanksgiving my husband Jeff and I renewed our wedding vows in honor of our 25th wedding anniversary! It was a very small simple ceremony at Kerry Park (my favorite place in the world) overlooking Seattle, the Puget Sound, the Olympic Mtns and on clear sunny days a splendid view of Mt. Rainer.
25 years 

On our special day snowflakes danced in the air. We were surrounded by our children and Seattle family and friends. This was all arranged by my husband on his own as a surprise. WOW O WOW! Following the ceremony we had a small party pot luck dinner at our house. The wonderful snow continued and we had a wonderful time.
Our beautiful family
Blair, Emily, Jeff, Sarah Elizabeth, Heather and Joseph
I was so touched by how thoughtful everyone was of the kids foods issues. There was only 2 items the kids could not eat. I was so amazed. I made ahead of time dinner for the kids so that they would not feel left out. I did not want them being hungry and eating illegal food. Our oldest daughter baked us a lovely 3 tier cake and then made GFCF brownies for the kids. It was so funny~ the brownies were gone before the cake and no one knew it was GFCF till the youngest daughter mentioned it to one of her friends. :0)
Our oldest daughter baked a 3 layer GF Cake

Inside of cake

Voom to now almost a year later to the day....
I am so excited! I am a geek and I admit it. As a last minute oversight, we are throwing together a potluck Twilight Party. Everybody is bring food to share so we can eat dinner and drool in our food! LOL I am serving salsa with corn chips and my meatballs.

I am curious what others take to potlucks, care to share? Tis the season to Potluck!


Meatballs
1 lb of ground turkey
1 cup of GFCF bread crumbs
2 eggs beaten
1/4 c shredded carrots
1/2 tbsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp parsley
4 tbsp olive oil

Add everything together. Tip: place ingredients in a ziploc bag and squeeze it all together. Then dump in to a mixing bowl. Meatballs should be the size of thumbnail. Add olive oil to oil used to sauté veggies. Cook meatballs until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel. 

I served my meatballs in this BBQ sauce http://www.food.com/recipe/family-friendly-ww-barbecue-sauce-333071
May your tables be bountiful~ blair

No comments: