Thursday, March 31, 2011

Gluten free~ Casein Free One Year Anniversary!

Happy one year of being
Gluten~ Casein Free to our family!!!!!

A year already?! I can remember how daunting it felt to even think about going GFCF. I had failed once why not twice? But I have not. There have been a few infractions  (cough, cough, Jeff!) but nothing serious. We are seeing improvement with our 2 youngest in skills and behavior and overall our health is a lot better. :0)

I am so proud that WE  have reached this milestone. It would not have been possible without the support and encouragement of our oldest daughter Heather; Sarah Elizabeth for being a great cheerleader encouraging Joseph to try new things; Emily as my eagle eye label reader; Jeff for trying even though you never wanted to lose eating meat daily and processed foods and Joseph for eating just about anything that I served you. Even though you don't like veggies have been secretly eating them up a storm. Finally, I thank my readers. You have encouraged me to share recipes and develop a passion I never knew I would have, cooking and writing.

I look forward to this next year, exploring new foods and dishes. Getting to know our local farmers and markets. Attending cooking classes. Cooking with Emily in the kitchen and serving yummy healthy food to my family. 
May your table always be bountiful.
~b


P.S Over the last few days, I have been looking at the recipes I have posted trying to decide what to serve in honor of this great achievement. I decided on Ginger Black Beans and Pasta. I thought it was appropriate since it was my first post in seriously blogging and being GFCF.



Ginger Black Beans and Pasta

2 tsp seame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions. minced (I used what ever onion I have on hand)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 C diced combination yellow/red bell combined with yummy salsa.
2 Cups black beans, rinsed
pinch of cinnamon
2 Cups of of rice spaghetti

In a skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic, green onions, and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the peppers and stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add black beans and cinnamon. Decrease heat to simmer. Cook 1-3 minutes.

Serve over quinoa pasta.

A simple spinach salad topped with walnuts, strawberries as a side dish. We use oil and vinegar for dressing.

No comments: