Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gluten free girl and the chef~ A love story

The timing could not have been better. For the last week I have been fighting bacterial pneumonia. I think I have watched every lifetime, AMC, TBS, on demand and our private collection on movies to fill my quota for the next 5 years. My brain is numb.

My husband to the rescue! My copy of Shauna James and Daniel Ahern's book GF Girl and the Chef cookbook came in at the library. I must say that I have been so looking forward to reading this book. I adored her first book! The recipes look divine and the photography is lovely. My heart melted when I saw her dedication to her daughter Lucy thanking her for joining them at the table. :0)

Her style of writing makes it feel as if you have pulled up a stool in her kitchen and she is talking one on one with you.  This is not your typical GF cookbook. She does not dwell on the fact that she is cooking GF, what GF folks cannot eat and nor does she treat the reader as a novice GF cook.
Her recipes range from simple to delish. If you would like a wonderful read that will make your mouth water and your tummy grumble than this is the book for you!

No comments: